Sunday, December 20, 2009

THE MOONLIT STITCH





Wandering through etsy one day I discovered this lovely little shop called TheMoonlitStitch. I immediately connected with the imagination and craftsmanship of the pieces. There were wooden spoons dressed up as dolls, and a bedspring used for a nodding Santa Claus! I like the Zen of putting articles to new and unusual uses, especially clever uses that make me laugh, so I contacted TheMoonlitStitch and asked about her inspiration and why she does what she does:






"I've always been in love with old-fashioned things. A perfect day for me would be getting lost in an old antique shop or the attic of an old house filled with items that haven't been seen for years. Primitive crafters try to re-create the look of "days gone by" through crackling and staining their pieces."





"Long ago, people would "make do" with what they had and create things from simple items, such as a pin keep on an old candle stick (hence the term "make do"). I also like to try and see the world through the eyes of child. When you do, things seem whimsical and simplified."


















"There are not many primitive crafters in my area, so I recently joined a wonderful etsy team called "Old Farmhouse Gathering". These folks create wonderful primitive to shabby chic items. I would really like to encourage etsy artists/crafters to find a team that fits their craft style. Connecting with others who share your interests can be a very inspiring and supportive experience. The OFG team members made me feel like part of "the family" immediately. I don't feel so much like an "odd duck" now!"

"Since I work full time, often the only time I can create is during the "moonlit" hours of the night and that's why I named my shop "The Moonlit Stitch"."








You can see her shop at http://themoonlitstitch.etsy.com, and be sure to look at her team's shops, too. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

1 comment:

  1. Because i collect (when I can afford to ) art dolls, I love hearing about this sort of shop..and i love the old-time feeling of the clown-faced holiday looking bauble mounted on a (verdigris spring?)) Whatever, genius and beautifully presented!

    ReplyDelete