Saturday, November 28, 2009

CHANGE OF SEASON

It's that time of year again when I start singing "All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray". Farewell summer, we hardly knew ye! And now we're into the holiday season again. My famous Aunt Sally called me today to ask me my size, said she was shopping and wanted to know if a size 12 would fit.Why yes it would and thank you very much I said. I'm at home updating my pictures on my store. Guess looking at picnic spreads won't do now, so I took new pictures outdoors in the cold November weather. It was done raining, but the wind was still blowing. I used Sally's ceramic birds to hold down the corners against the backdrop of tall trees with no leaves, and the swimming pool shuttered and covered. The only green was the pachysandra. Here are new pictures of my tablecloths, taken in Sally's backyard:



This is a Laura Ashley toile in green and yellow. I have this toile in several colors and use it in different ways. I have two different toiles to border the central rural scene.






This is a lovely soft blue/green bird's nest and floral toile that was just so pretty. I'm trying to incorporate the ceramic bird into the nest in this photo. You can find this at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24585775. Please click and copy this into your web address bar to go straight to this tablecloth.






Here is the Laura Ashley toile again, this time in green. Go to http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26602729 for more information. Please click and copy this into your web address bar to go straight to this tablecloth.









Laura Ashley again, in black with the vine border. It is currently in a treasury on etsy http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=77221 with other "etsyfreeshippping" items. I just LOVE being included in a treasury. Thank you Meg of ME2Designs! Please click and copy this into your web address bar to go straight to this tablecloth.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32434109

I am offering 10% off anything and everything in my store until Jan 1, and free shipping on selected items, including all the tablecloths and aprons. Thank you very much for browsing in my store, and for any purchase you make.

And remeber our battle cry this season: BUY HANDMADE FOR CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

  1. I really love those tablecloths! The fabric is devine!

    -Erica

    (acrylicandsteel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with the blue-green toile!
    When I was in my twenties (back in the 70`s) I used to wear Laura Ashley long dresses...I would save for months for them..the tiered long sleeveless jumpers for wearing with high-necked, ruffled blouses...so happy to see that she`s still representing the best of classic disign, especially for us toile freaks!

    ReplyDelete